This audio was created using Microsoft Azure Speech Services
Electrical panel builders play a vital role in advancing sustainability in their own operations and when they execute projects. With the rising concerns about climate change and the growing demand for environmentally friendly products and services, it’s more important than ever for panel builders to prioritize sustainability.
While tackling climate change is urgent, companies don’t have to transform their entire business model next week. Instead, to achieve sustainability goals, panel builders can adopt simple approaches and digital solutions that help reduce resource intensity, increase energy efficiency, and optimize the total cost of ownership.
Three ways panel builders can improve sustainability efforts
Here are some steps that panel builders can take to prioritize sustainability and create value for themselves and their customers:
- Embrace digitalization: Panel builders can maximize sustainability within medium and low-voltage installations using digital and connected ecosystem technology. When designing and installing equipment or systems, such as medium and low-voltage switchboards, digital tools and software enable panel builders to drive efficiency and reduce their carbon footprint. Software tools, like SEE Electrical by IGE-XAO, can increase engineering and production efficiency for panel builders making panel documentation easy and automatically generating cables and terminals in schematics. Creating digital twins of equipment to conceptualize their whole life-cycle is particularly useful, as it enhances service life efficiency while reducing the equipment’s overall carbon footprint.
- Prioritize decarbonization: Panel builders can move towards decarbonization by adopting sustainable solutions, such as energy-efficient lighting, renewable energy sources, and smart grid technologies. They can also leverage Green Premium products to deliver environmentally friendly solutions to their customers. Green Premium is a label with many advantages to help panel builders meet their sustainability commitments by providing products that comply with environmental regulations such as RoHS and REACH, as well as being transparent with environmental disclosures and end-of-life instructions.
- Collaborate for sustainability: To streamline the journey toward sustainability, panel builders can seek partnerships with industry-leading suppliers that genuinely understand their unique sustainability challenges. For example, Schneider Electric’s Panel Builders Program and EcoXpert program empower panel builders to turn climate ambition into concrete action. In addition, we offer a community exchange to share ideas and innovative solutions that reduce carbon emissions, optimize energy usage, and promote sustainable practices.
Six sustainability commitments for panel builder partnerships
For panel builders who partner with Schneider Electric, know you are in good hands on your sustainability journey. Sustainability is at the core of our purpose, culture, and business, and as your trusted partner, we pledge to:
- Act for a climate-positive world by continuously investing in and developing innovative, eco-designed solutions, including sustainable products and packaging.
- Be efficient with resources by using digital tools and software to drive efficiency and preserve our planet.
- Live up to our principles of trust with the mySchneider Panel Builders Program, ensuring quality, safety, comprehensive training, and cybersecurity.
- Create equal opportunities by providing access to energy and resources at every level.
- Harness the power of all generations by fostering learning, upskilling, and development for each generation.
- Empower local communities by supporting and recognizing partners at every level and enabling them to leverage the power of e-commerce.
Schneider also celebrates success with partners who embrace sustainability. The Sustainability Impact Awards recognize the efforts of electrical panel builders who have made significant progress in promoting sustainable practices in their operations. Partners can apply for this award to showcase their environmental leadership, gain industry recognition, and potentially win new business opportunities.
Bridging the sustainability gap together
Although there’s still a sustainability gap between goals and results, the trend is moving in the right direction, and momentum is building. Customers are also driving sustainability efforts now, for they know that if they do not act today, there is no do-over down the road.
Prioritizing sustainability is crucial for panel builders to create value for themselves and their customers while contributing to a better future for generations to come. By partnering with Schneider Electric, panel builders can leverage expertise and solutions to advance decarbonization in their operations and their customers’ operations.
Contact your local Schneider Electric representative to learn more about panel builder-specific resources. Through tailored programs, like the mySchneider Panel Builder program, panel builders can increase their skill set, better understand how digital tools can help, and access a network of their peers to share successes and challenges. Let’s work together to create a better future for all.