Ordering machinery of any kind is a tedious and time consuming process especially when it is related to industrial components such as equipments. Do you think that the answer to below mentioned questions is a yes,
Are you bored by spending your time calling a sales representative, explaining your needs and asking for a quotation?
Wasting time by endlessly browsing through product catalogue pages?
Are you sick of waiting weeks for a standard delivery which consequently leads to reputation suffer because of constant delivery delays?
Afraid of delaying your panel building project because of specific customer requirements?
And finally: Are you dreaming of a new digital world where you could be 100% efficient?
If you answered YES to all these previous questions, don’t miss our webinar for panel builders Modern Strategies for Practical Time Saving.
In today’s digitally connected environment, panel builders need ways to be more flexible, more productive, with better service from their suppliers and partners. Modern ways are there to help you solve these issues – sometimes directly embedded in the product design. From selection, quotation, delivery, customization, installation, operation, and support, panel builders looking for medium voltage equipment can now save time at every step of the process.
Listed below are highlights of modern solutions that help panel builders save time at every level:
Selection: Selecting the right products through online catalogs can enable more efficiency.
- Filters and parameter choices allow an easily refined product selection.
- A quick side-by-side comparison of two similar products helps distinguish differences at a glance.
- Clear documentation with technical information is available with real-time updates.
Ordering: Digital quotation tools allow speedy ordering, with secure and immediate access (24/7)
- Quick online configuration provides real-time information like price and availability.
- A precise quotation is immediately addressed.
- An order confirmation is generated.
Delivery: Pre-validated reference designs help reduce delivery timelines.
- Panel builders get a precise and reliable delivery date.
- Common product ranges are available off-the-shelf for a fast
- High-demand products are immediately sent from local E.g., basic protection relays are delivered in five working days.
Customization: Product standardization and kits allow fast delivery and changes.
- Last minute changes to the equipment are easily made by the panel builder. E.g., basic circuit-breakers are quickly and easily customizable.
- Kits are available from local warehouse for a short delivery time.
Installation: Digital tools help equipment installation and testing.
- Software assists panel builders during equipment setting and configuration, with intuitive interfaces and graphical representations.
- Software is available to do virtual simulation tests and minimize injection testing.
Testing and operation: Digital tools help equipment maintenance.
- Smart applications available on your phone allow easy remote maintenance and power restoration. E.g. protection relays’ screens display directly on your phone screen.
- An embedded web server makes fast changes and equipment settings, without the need for a setup tool.
Handover and support: Digital tools provide immediate access to helpful and current documentation.
- Smart applications give access to documents/FAQs about equipment, reading the QR Code on the equipment.
- Routine test reports, certificates of compliance with IEC 62271-100, warranty expiry dates, lists of spare parts, and a maintenance and service guide are available in one click.
- Secure cloud-based storage to upload documents is provided – to add as-built wiring schematics, assembly reports or associated protection relay types and serial number records if needed.
Panel builders can consequently save time and focus on what really matters: taking care of their customers and winning projects!
And the many pain points that panel builders experience throughout the lifecycle of a project can be eliminated with these new solutions.
Register to our Partner Portal to receive access to support tools, documentation and resources built for your key needs here.
By our Guest Blogger: Ponniah Sankarakumar
Ponniah Sankarakumar graduated with distinction from Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, India with a Bachelor Degree in Electrical and Electronics. He conducted most of his career in Electrical Power Systems, based in the Middle East and in the U.K, holding many senior engineering and commercial roles. Ponniah is a recognized Edison Expert within Schneider Electric, and has contributed various publications in the Electrical Power Systems field. Presently, Ponniah leads the Marketing & Strategy function for the Energy business of Schneider Electric in the Greater India region.
Ponniah’s work ethic is to “help others to succeed”.