Smart homes, a term that signified a robust future, is a general term today. India’s real estate industry is now redefining luxurious living spaces in terms of their intelligence and energy-efficiency. Several residential projects now flaunt how its amenities and various functions provide ease of operation and can be controlled from a single source. Real estate developers are now moving from antique tiled floors, and elegant wallpapers to smart plugs that can auto set the geysers and lights and fans, controlled with a smartphone.
Due to limited awareness about smart home automation, investors and buyers of smart homes are often misled. This is one of the main reasons for slow penetration of home automation in India. Buyers must understand the various factors that go in while putting together a smart home. They should have a fair idea of which features are essential for them and which are not.
Here, we will discuss in detail what smart home is all about and what are its advantages. We will also find out how this technology works and the future of home automation in India.
Smart home: What is it?
A smart home is a living space with a network of devices connected to be managed and monitored remotely. Smart homes or home automation allow its residents and users higher security, comfort, and convenience and the benefits of reduced costs due to their high energy efficiency. The home automation system, a part of the Internet of Things (IoT), exchanges consumer data to automate services based on user experience.
How does Home Automation work?
The foremost thing about home automation is connectivity. The devices are connected using Wi-Fi, which facilitates communication between them. Specific software is embedded in the devices that record user data and offer intelligent predictions.
Some common smart devices are smart lights, smart home security systems, entertainment systems, thermostats, etc.
Home Automation in India
The Home automation share in the Indian market is expected to reach $13,574.1 million by 2026. The growing urban population is a conscious chunk of the country that shows promising enthusiasm towards newer technologies for energy saving and simpler living. With the availability of cheap internet services, home automation is set to experience a massive boom in India in the coming years.
If you are looking to invest in smart homes in India, these are a few things that can help you.
- Investing in smart devices that help in alerting health conditions is always a good option. Smart showers and toilets can assess bodily wastes and monitor the user’s health closely every day.
- Smart air conditioners, along with lights, fans and switches, can work together to offer ideal temperature at all times.
- Smart sensors can be used to detect overflow of water and power leakage.
- Smart kitchen appliances that can be set to a specific time. These devices can also work together to detect fumes, fires and other alarming situations.
- Smart doorbells with voice recognition and a video camera can be installed for higher security.
- Smart entertainment units that work on voice recognition to offer easy operation and personalised entertainment.
Wiser by Schneider Electric is one of the best home automation systems in India that caters to the demands of modern life. Their experts can revamp a traditional home into a smart home in less than 4 hours with no extra wiring. This saves a considerable amount of money but also upgrades the quality of living in no time. Schneider home automation systems are very affordable, and their after-sales service is also exceptional.