Our mission at Schneider Electric is to ensure that ‘Life is On, everywhere, for everyone and at every moment’ – a promise which certainly starts with our own 144,000-strong workforce.
To ensure this, we recently embarked on an exciting and transformative experiment to create an internal talent marketplace: Open Talent Market.
At present, when every executive and HR practitioner seems to be talking about the Future of Work and how organizations will shape the future, Global HR analyst and thought leader Josh Bersin referred to Schneider Electric as showing the way in this space.
So, what is the Open Talent Market?
The Open Talent Market (#OTM) is a disruptive technology acting as a one-stop-shop for career development by creating an internal talent market leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) to match the supply and demand of talent throughout Schneider Electric.
By uploading their profile to the Open Talent Market (or connecting it to their LinkedIn), employees get the following AI-suggested development and career opportunities based on their skills, competencies and future ambitions:
- Full-time roles / career moves
- Part-time projects / gigs / stretch assignments
- Mentoring opportunity (bi-directional)
- Learning suggestions on our Learning Management System (LMS)
On top of it being a user-friendly, intuitive and an overall cool tool, the Open Talent Market has many benefits:
- Allowing our employees to own their careers and develop to their fullest potential within Schneider
- Giving employees the opportunity to acquire a portfolio of diverse experiences and skills
- Supporting leaders in finding diverse talents faster and building the best teams
- Guaranteeing more transparency around available roles and projects
- Creating networks of expertise throughout the organization and enabling greater diversity on teams across the organization
- Reducing attrition and turnover
With Schneider Electric’s Open Talent Market, AI-driven employee development, and the digitization of inner mobility, we believe that the Future of Work is now!
I am excited to see where OTM takes our #SEGreatPeople in the future and I am so proud of Schneider’s commitment to empowering our people to own their development and take it to the next level.
If you are interested in owning your future and building a purposeful career, check out the many available career opportunities with Schneider Electric.
About the Author:
Andrew Saidy is a Human Resources executive with more than 15 years of experience with public and private Multinationals and International Organizations. Specialized in leading Digital HR Transformations & Disruptions, Andrew has also held various roles in Talent Acquisition & Management, Executive Coaching, HR Business Partnering and Learning & Development. Andrew currently leads Schneider Electric’s ambitious Talent Digitization agenda, bringing digitization, AI and Machine Learning to Schneider’s HR ecosystem.
Great People make Schneider Electric a Great Company.
Join Us where you have a meaningful purpose in an inclusive and empowering environment.
Follow Schneider Electric Careers on Social Media