Leaders in technology, security, safety, IT, deployment, and engineering recently gathered in Orlando, Florida for the 11th Annual RFID Journal LIVE! The conference has grown each year, and this year was no different. Attendance for the 2013 reached 2,700 – solid growth from an attendance of just 250 at their first event in 2001.
The RFID Conference is organized into eight different subject tracts, with six different educational sessions in each tract (along with pre and post conference learning sessions). The tracts included the following:
- Defense / aviation
- Retail / apparel
- Health Care / Pharmaceutical
- Supply Chain / Logistics
- RFID Deployment Strategies
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Visibility / Traceability
The main take-away from the conference this year was that radio frequency identification (RFID) and real-time location system (RTLS) applications and technology will continue to grow and expand in the years to come. As users become more aware of the advantages and “use cases” for the solutions, the market will reach new heights.
In addition, presentations focused on how to develop successful customer relationships and RTLS solution deployment.
When engaging with a new customer, take the time to:
- understand their needs and expected “measurable” outcomes
- understand the correct and detailed analysis of the facility and Wi-Fi infrastructure
- understand the correct and verified design and use of qualified technology and vendors
- promote a successful deployment and action plan for adoption and compliance by the healthcare organization’s users.
A new white paper, “Improving patient safety and hospital efficiency with RFID and RTLS technologies” provides an introduction to these technologies, as well as a look into both typical and advanced use cases in the healthcare setting.