The current scenario of the electrical power system in India is unsettling. The renewable power plants constituted only 33.23% of total installed capacity. Ranked third amongst the world’s largest producers and consumers of power, India lacks adequate infrastructure for supplying electricity to all businesses, institutions or individuals. There is a need to revamp the existing elements of the electric power system. With technology advancing and pacing towards a sustainable eco-structure, it is essential to replace the existing components with resourceful units.
The present-day scenario aims at developments that are leaps and bounds and exhibit dynamic scope of empowering other industries to grow. Some of the major electrical components pacing the process are:
- Electrical Switches: A variety of well-designed switches are available in the market. Choose the weatherproof sockets that are crafted to suit all extreme situations. The advancement in technology has helped companies introduce switches made out of natural material. These light switches give the comfort of control, safety, and convenience to your home or office.
- Miniature Circuit Breakers: MCBs are the new age fuses designed to control the flow of power in the network. The modern-day MCBs offer the advantage of switch operating knob that comes at its off position during tripping. This helps the operator to identify and rectify the fault zone of the electrical circuit.
- Power Factor Correction (PFC): This is a technique that sees to it that any particular outlet that requires a set amount of power is not under or over-energized by the power source that supplies this electricity. It sees to it that the electrical pulses are smoothed out so that the power being supplied can be controlled.
- Electrical Sockets: With more than 15 types of electrical outlets or plug-in sockets, it is essential to choose the one that is the most power-efficient one. Different outlet type is designated a letter for identification. Apart from the looks and elegance, it brings to the home or office, considering the utility tops the list during consideration.
- Air Circuit Breaker (ACB): ACBs are used at higher voltages generally in large industrial plants to facilitate better efficiency and distribution of electricity. Hence, Air Circuit Breaker acts as a protection against faults like over voltage, under or over frequency, short circuit, reverse power, earth fault, etc.
Schneider Electric India is a one-stop shop for all the efficient power unit replacements. The company has helped in exponential transformation and is continuing to facilitate companies to adopt the greener way to energy. With an aim to create a future in industrial and residential power generation remodeling, it has always lent a helping hand to the individual or industries in the process.
4 years ago
A very good article #schneiderelectric