Infrastructure is one of the major components that play a significant role in the efficient functioning of an industry. Be it any domain, manufacturing, packaging or assembly, seamless operations help in meeting the deliveries in time. This in return establishes goodwill of the company. Now, to bring this into place, building management system can act as the pillar supporting such positive development.
With technical advancements and various research and developments happening round the clock, it is now possible to deploy Internet of Things in the industrial setup. This means that the industrial components like machines, display panels, data centers, access points or even gates can be connected in a secured network. This network can be controlled by a central hub making network connectivity sustainable.
In the absence of such advanced connected systems, companies have faced unwanted conditions of inefficiency and losses. The primary cause of such shortcomings were recorded to be human errors, incorrect analytics of raw material and output from the machine, or downtime due to power outages.
Numerous plants have now realised the importance of predictive maintenance, power distribution, and overall network connectivity. A significant chunk of challenges faced have been looked after and served of great help to the business. The perks of investing in a network connected ecosystem are:
- A complete track of how, where and when power is being consumed; therefore saving on electricity by turning off the air flow and lights when not required
- Knowing and understanding how the machinery behaves, the throughput it generates on different input levels and optimising the product
- Decreasing the equipment operating cost and expenditures by about 15% annually. This practice ultimately results in reducing expenditure. This results in increasing the value of the property and ultimately, the company.
- Proving regulated flow of electricity, air, lighting and temperature in the interior of the office space and the workstation where the machinery is kept
- Ensures absolute security of location where only authorised access shall be granted. This has helped to secure a lot of researches patent by names of specific individuals or companies.
- Integration of third-party devices like CCTV, biometric controls, etc. has added mainly to a disciplined access structure.
Apart from this, the employees also enjoy working in a technically sound workplace with reduced human efforts. This in return has fetched a lot of brownies to the company.
- With the technology coming into power, a lot of human calculation and analytical work comes to a standstill. The entire computation is computerised, thus promising accuracy.
- Reduces the harmful emissions in the plant, giving them a different perspective to the workplace.
- Granting access at different floors or rooms of the building will help in ensuring customised comfort for people at various places in the office or industry.
Moreover, indulging in such practices will help to add an environmental factor in the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) of the company as well!