This audio was created using Microsoft Azure Speech Services
The terminology Eco-buildings can be used interchangeably with the green buildings. These buildings focus on lowering down the harmful impact on the environment by using sustainable development methods. The characteristics of these buildings include:-
- Low energy usage
- reduced water usage, and
- carbon neutral
The Eco Buildings are building project that works in the direction of conserving most of the natural environment around the project site. The development and construction promotes a healthy environment for all involved. It is inevitable that this infrastructure will not disrupt the land, water, resources and energy in and around the building.
The avalanche of technology constantly brings forward more comprehensive and developed practices in creating greener structures. The benefits of green buildings are multifold, it ranges from environmental to economic to social. By adopting greener practices, one can leverage maximum advantage of environmental and economic performance. Green construction methods when integrated with start building automation provide most significant benefits. This amalgamation of technology has helped in yielding benefits like:
- Reduced wastage of water – smart building management systems can gauge the need of water and the requirement volume. Depending on the need, it draws and releases the current of water from the store.
- Conserve natural resources – Green buildings focus not only on conserving the environment around, but also takes into consideration construction and maintenance process.
- Improve air and water quality – Smart buildings imply that the flow of air and temperature can be regulated as per requirement. Moreover, advanced building management systems have air and water purification system embedded – making it fit for use.
- Protect biodiversity and ecosystems – The overall environmental impact of this technology has helped to ease the disruptions in the ecosystem due to construction.
- Reduce operating costs – Though, one might have to incur the installation cost, the overall cost for long term reduces a great deal.
- Improve occupant productivity – smart connected devices and building helps increase productivity of a manufacturing or assembly unit. It also encourages parallel processing of operations.
- Improves power factor – The design of these buildings ensure power factor correction by reduced phase difference the voltage and current.
- Improve quality of life – Connected systems not only lend energy efficient solutions, but also makes lives comfortable.
- Minimize strain on local infrastructure – Smart buildings have sound infrastructure network connectivity
- Improve occupant health and comfort – It is a wise move in maintaining the health and comfort of the people working or living in a building.