Humidity is the amount of water vapour available in the atmosphere. Excessive humidity in the house can lead to mold and mildew growth; damage wood floors, wood panels, and structural elements of the house; and can also cause asthma and various respiratory problems. Moreover, the deficit humidity can cause discomfort in our bodies such as uncomfortable dry skin and sinus issues. Building experts and healthcare professionals are considering 30 to 50 per cents of relative humidity levels as ideal for interior environments.
What is a Humidity Sensor?
Humidity Sensors are also known as hygrometers which are used to measure the amount of water vapour in the air. Most household and humidity sensors are small, digital devices that are like a small home thermostat. It helps homeowners identify areas of excess humidity and take actions to increase the ventilation in their homes or reduce the humidity through ventilation.
Why Should You Use a Humidity Sensor?
Home humidity sensors are helpful in various circumstances:
- Homes that have experienced problems with mold and mildew growth. In such circumstances, humidity sensors will monitor any relative humidity above 50 to 60 % level and make specific changes to lower the humidity, as mold causes unhealthy indoor air quality.
- Useful for homeowners whose health problems arise due to low or high humidity levels. For a person with sinus issues, the humidity sensors can let people know when the relative humidity level falls. In contrast, if the person has asthma issues, this device will alert when the relative humidity level rises above a certain level.
- Homeowners who want to test the effectiveness of different ventilation and humidity control strategies. The sensor can help homeowners determine if the strategy is working.
The top humidity sensors bring convenience to the users by connecting to your smartphones. If your smart home humidity sensor is compatible with your smart home hub, you can pair the sensor with several home devices and interior temperature controls. Pairing these smart sensors with dehumidifiers to turn it on when the humidity level in the household passes a predetermined threshold level.
What Types of Humidity Sensors Exist?
Here is the list of sensors available:
- Point source humidity sensors : Designing these humidity sensors is best for areas where the humidity level tends to be highest. These help to remove excess levels of water vapour from the area.
- Smart home humidity sensors : In today’s time, homeowners can easily find humidity sensors that come with innovative technology. These can connect with your home Wi-Fi system and let you check the updates from your smartphones or computers.
- Whole-home humidity sensors : These sensors connect with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and various other devices to measure the relative humidity levels inside your home. This device provides comprehensive measurements of humidity throughout the house.
Humidity sensors are one of the most demanded devices that are used for measuring humidity levels. Schneider Electric India offers the best quality room humidity sensors. Their long-term stability and durable construction make them different from the other brands. Schneider Electric provides the best quality electrical devices and appliances. Explore sensors like proximity sensors, current sensors, air quality sensors, pressure sensors, temperature sensor.