Every year, the ASHE Annual Conference is “the event” for healthcare engineers to learn, network, and scope out new products and solutions that might benefit their hospitals. This year is sure to be a hit, with the theme “Survival of the Fittest.” Hospital facility managers need to prepare for an ever-changing healthcare landscape, and ASHE is providing the guidance on key topics such as emergency power preparedness, hospital sustainability, energy efficiency, and improving the environment of care for better patient safety and patient satisfaction.
Below is a summary of the presentations and activities that we are looking forward to.
Sunday, August 3rd
- 5:00-6:00 pm: New ASHE Member/First-Time Attendee Reception at the Hyatt Regency Chicago
- 6:00-8:00 pm: ASHE Annual Conference Welcome Reception at the Hyatt Regency Chicago
Monday, August 4th
- 7:30-9:30 am: Opening Session, Awards, and Keynote Presentation: Emotional Intelligence 2.0: Taking Your Game to the Next Level In addition, our very own Mike Mattox is recognized for his SASHE designation!
- 9:45-10:45 am (Session 1): Emergency Power Standards for Health Care Under 2012 Codes and Increase Efficiency with the Energy to Care Program and the Sustainability Roadmap
- 1:45-3:00 pm: Sean Goings will introduce General Session speakers –Tim Adams, Director, Leadership Development ASHE, S. Chris Edmonds, The Ken Blanchard Cos, Jack Gosselin and Dana Swenson SrVP U Mass Memorial. Learn more: General Session: Assessing Your Career Fitness for Today’s Health Care Environment
- 3:15-4:30 pm (Session 2): Hospital Emergency Power Systems in 2015 and Beyond
Tuesday, August 5th
- 1:45-3:00 pm (Session 1): Reducing Hospital Costs through Informed Planning and Design
- 3:15-4:30 pm (Session 2): Mike Mattox will introduce “Delivering Value to the Executive Level” session speakers, Kim Koch, VP of TME Solutions and Terry Scott, Director of Facilities Memorial Hermann Healthcare Systems. Learn more: Proving Value through Airflow Setbacks and Retrocommissioning
- 3:15-4:30 pm (Session 2) We will need to clone ourselves to see all these great presentations! Securing a Hospital Without Locks: Access Control Challenges and Solutions, Building Consensus: A Key to Accessing the C-Suite, The Next Generation of FM Benchmarking, Patient Elopement: Protecting Patients and Your Facility, and Best Practices for Managing Health Care Construction Projects
- Schneider Electric sponsored customer event and dinner at SHEDD Aquarium
Wednesday, August 6th
- 10:10-11:10 am (Session 1): Nancy Merritt will introduce session speakers, Damian Skelton, PE, Area Vice President, Medxcel (Ascension Health Subsidiary) and Ed Tinsley, PE, CEM, LEED AP, HFDP, CHFM, CHC, Executive Managing Principal, TME, Inc. Learn more: Finding Innovative Real Estate Solutions to Provide Value
- 11:20-12:20 am (Session 2): The Long Push Part III: Securing Approval and Funding for Infrastructure Upgrades
Check out the complete ASHE Annual Conference schedule.
How fit is your hospital? Find out at the ASHE 2014 Annual Conference: Survival of the Fittest.
And don’t forget to visit us at Booth 1006. We have some great surprises and fun games in store for all our visitors. Don’t miss out on your chance to win big!